Vegetarian Recipes: Spicy Baby Corn Potato Stir-Fry
Baby Corn Potato Stir-fry
Whenever I don't feel motivated to cook an in-depth meal, I choose to make stir-fry. They can be made quickly and are tasty too. I always keep spice powders in my kitchen so that I can cook a yummy curry with them.
I used baby corn, potato, tomato, onion, red chili powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, spice mix or curry powder, cumin seeds, chopped coriander, turmeric powder, and salt in this dry side dish.
You can use this stir-fry as a side dish for roti, chapati, flatbread, or any type of less-spicy rice dish. Let me show the recipe.
- 1 cup babycorn, slit lengthwise and cut into two
- 3/4 cup potato, cut in lengthy, thin pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp spice powder or curry powder, or subzi powder, available in Indian stores
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder, available in Indian stores
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 3/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Baby Corn Potato Stir-Fry
- Pre-cook chopped baby corn in salt water, for 5 minutes. Use water just to cover the baby corns. Drain off the excess water. Keep aside.
- Chop potato as instructed. Immerse them in water. Drain off the water. This will remove the extra starch from potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add chopped onion. Saute, till it turns transparent.
- Add potato pieces. Stir-cook for 5 minutes, or till it becomes soft. Add pre-cooked baby corn. Stir-fry on low fire, for 3 minutes. No need to add water. Throw chopped tomato. Continue cooking till tomato becomes mushy.
- Throw in turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, spice powder or curry(subzi) powder, and salt. Mix, and stir-cook for further 2 minutes. Check for the taste. Add more spice powder or salt, if needed.
- Turn off the fire. Add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Baby corn and potato stir-fry is ready to eat. Serve it hot or warm, as a side dish for roti, chapati, flatbread, or for any type of less spicy rice dish. Enjoy the taste!!