I worked as a banker for 17 years. I love staying fit and cooking tasty and healthy meals. I don't use artificial colors and preservatives.
Chinese Bhel: A Fried Noodle and Veggie Snack
Chinese bhel is the only chaat that can be categorized under Chinese recipes. It is an Indochinese snack that can be made in 30 minutes. Fried noodles are mixed with sautéed, crunchy veggies and spicy sauces to get a unique taste. Serve this snack quickly to enjoy the crunchiness of the noodles. It may turn soggy after some time.
What Ingredients Should You Keep Handy?
Fried Hakka noodles, cabbage, carrot, tomato, red capsicum, green capsicum, Szechuan sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, chopped coriander leaves, and spring onion, etc., are the main ingredients used in the recipe. Get the fried noodles ready in advance to shorten the cooking time.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 1 bowl Hakka noodles, soaked in water for 20 minutes, drained and deep-fried in oil
- 1/2 cup cabbage, julienned
- 1/4 cup carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup red capsicum, julienned
- 1/4 cup green capsicum, julienned
- 1/4 cup spring onion whites, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons spring onion greens, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato, julienned
- 2 tablespoons Szechuan sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- salt, to taste
- Immerse Hakka noodles in water for 20 minutes. Strain and spread on a plate. Deep-fry them in oil till crisp. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or thick-bottomed kadhai. Add chopped spring onion whites, chopped garlic, and chopped green chili. Saute till onion turns pinkish.
- Add all the veggies. Stir-cook on a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Add Szechuan sauce and salt. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes further. By this time, the veggies should be cooked but still crunchy.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, soy sauce, and vinegar. Mix well.
- Add fried noodles. Toss continuously to blend the noodles with the veggie-sauce mix. This may take about a minute.
- Turn off the fire. Sprinkle in the chopped coriander leaves and spring onion greens. Gently mix once.
- Enjoy eating this crispy and tangy Chinese bhel!