How to Make Instant Noodles With Fresh Vegetables
Instant Noodles With Fresh Vegetables
A Delightful Snack For All
Children love to eat instant noodles. They like the slimy texture of these noodles and the smell and taste of the spicy masala in it.
Even adults and seniors like to eat instant noodles, provided you cook them with fresh veggies. As the instant noodles packet contains the masala packet inside, you need not add any other spices to make noodles.
Once in awhile, I make instant noodles for breakfast or evening snack for all of our house members. I make instant noodles with some boiled veggies, along with some crunchy and flavorful veggies to make my noodles taste super yummy.
We all finish eating the noodles in no time! By adding veggies, we get both health benefits and lots of pleasure.
Here, I share the detailed recipe for you.
Note, this can be adapted to use with any brand of instant noodles.
- 1 family pack (having 4 portions) instant noodles with masala inside, I used flat curry noodles
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (carrot, French beans, and capsicum), chopped in one inch pieces, par-boil carrot and French beans
- 2 tbsp fresh/frozen green peas
- 2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee, alternatively, you can use oil
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, optional, finely chopped
Step-By-Step Instructions to Make Instant Noodles With Fresh Vegetables
- Par-boil chopped French beans and carrots. Keep aside.
- Heat butter or oil in a deep-bottomed pan, preferably a non-stick pan. Throw in chopped onions. Saute them for a minute.
- Add chopped capsicum and green peas. Add very little salt, mainly to cook the veggies faster. Saute for a minute.
- Throw in chopped tomatoes. Saute for one more minute. Add par-boiled veggies. Also, add noodles. Pour about 6-7 cups of water. Stir well.
- Keep the heat medium-high. Let the mixture start boiling. Add masala powder. Next, boil for 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for a minute. Add some water if needed to adjust the consistency. Turn off the heat.
- Now, your favorite instant noodles with fresh vegetables is ready! Garnish it with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves(optional).
- Serve it hot in a bowl. You can add some fresh butter on the hot noodles. Enjoy eating this super yummy snack!
Nutritional Information of Instant Noodles With Vegetables
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 32 g||11%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 642 mg||27%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|