How to Make Instant Noodles With Fresh Vegetables
Instant Noodles With Fresh Vegetables
A Delightful Snack for The Whole Family
Children love to eat instant noodles. Maybe it's something about the slimy texture of the cooked noodles. Of course, many adults love instant noodles, too, especially when they are made with fresh veggies.
Once in a while, I make instant noodles for breakfast or as an evening snack for my family. I cook the noodles with crunchy and flavorful veggies to make the dish super yummy. Everyone loves this dish! By adding veggies, the noodles are not only delicious but they are healthy, as well.
Our family likes to buy the spicy masala flavor. The noodle package contains a small packet of masala spice mix, which we add to the soup as it is cooking. Of course, you can adapt my recipe to use with any brand of instant noodles.
Now, let's look at the recipe.
- 1 family pack (with 4 portions) instant noodles with masala spice packet inside, I used flat curry noodles
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (carrot, French beans, and capsicum), chopped in 1-inch pieces, parboil carrot and French beans
- 2 tbsp fresh/frozen green peas
- 2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee, or oil
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, optional, finely chopped
- Par-boil chopped French beans and carrots. Set aside.
- Heat butter or oil in a deep-bottomed pan, preferably a non-stick pan. Throw in chopped onions. Saute them for about 1 minute.
- Add chopped capsicum and green peas. Add a very small amount of salt, mainly to cook the veggies faster. Saute for a minute.
- Throw in chopped tomatoes. Saute for 1 more minute. Add parboiled veggies and noodles. Add about 6-7 cups of water. Stir well.
- Keep the heat medium-high. Let the mixture start boiling. Add masala powder. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for about 1 minute. Add some water if needed to adjust the consistency. Turn off the heat.
- Now, your favorite instant noodles with fresh vegetables is ready! Garnish it with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (optional).
- Serve hot in bowls. You can add some fresh butter on the hot noodles. Enjoy eating this super yummy snack!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 32 g||11%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 642 mg||27%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|