How to Make Creamy Chickpea Tomato Soup
Creamy Chickpea Tomato Soup
Spicy Chickpea Tomato Creamy Soup Is a Winter Winner
Chickpeas are packed with nutrients. They are high in protein, iron, dietary fiber, phosphorous, zinc, and more. These tasty legumes blend nicely with the tomato puree and spices in this hot soup.
Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin B 6, biotin, copper, folate, vitamin E, etc. This tangy vegetable gives a sharp taste and color to this yummy soup.
I used garlic, hot red chilies, cumin seeds, carrots, and dried oregano along with tomato-chickpea(garbanzo beans) puree. It is a yummy, thick, and filling starter.
Let me now share the step-by-step recipe for making this creamy chickpea tomato soup.
- 1 heaped cup boiled garbanzo beans(chickpeas), soak chickpea in water overnight. Cook them till they are soft.
- 1/2 cup carrots, cooked
- 3 hot red chilies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 tsp dried oregano flakes, for garnishing
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder, for garnishing
- 1/4 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1/4 tsp olive oil or butter
- 1/4 tsp sugar, to balance the sour taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Creamy Chickpea Tomato Soup
- Boil whole tomatoes in water till their skin opens up a little. Drain the water. Keep them aside for cooling. Once they are completely cold, remove the skin. Roughly chop the flesh. Set aside.
- Soak garbanzo beans(chickpeas) in water overnight. Cook them with some water, chopped carrots, and salt till they are soft. I used pressure cooker for this. It took about 12-15 minutes. Keep aside for cooling.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a small pan. Add ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, and red chilies. Saute them together for a minute. Turn off the stove.
- Take these roasted spices, chopped tomatoes, cooked chickpeas, and cooked carrots in a mixer or blender. Make a smooth puree by adding a little water.
- Transfer it to a sauce pan. Add some salt and sugar. This soup should be thick. Adjust the consistency by adding water.
- Bring the mix to a nice boil. Turn off the stove. Your creamy chickpea tomato soup is ready!
- Pour it equally into four bowls. Garnish with red chili powder and dried oregano flakes.
- Enjoy sipping this nutritious, hot, and spicy soup on a winter day!
Nutritional Information of Creamy Chickpea Tomato Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 82 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|