How to Make Cauliflower Keema Curry (Gobi Side Dish)
A Crunchy and Spicy Side Dish
Today I bought a fresh cauliflower. I wanted to make an awesome curry with it. The side dish that came to my mind was cauliflower keema curry. It is a unique side dish made of finely chopped cauliflower florets. It is a dry curry.
Cauliflower is an excellent source of dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin, C, vitamin K, folate, manganese, biotin, etc. Using them regularly has beneficial health effects. This vegetable is tasty too.
Making cauliflower keema curry is easy. Gather all the ingredients and start making the curry. It may take about 30 minutes to finish making this side dish. Serve hot roti, flat bread, chapati, or rice with it. Enjoy eating this lip-smacking side dish with the main course.
Now, over to the detailed recipe.
- 2 medium bowls cauliflower florets, finely chopped in hand or chopped in a vegetable chopper
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, make a paste of green chilies, ginger and garlic
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 inch ginger
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin and coriander powder, crush 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp coriander seeds together
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder, available in Indian stores
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Cauliflower Keema Curry or Gobi Keema Side Dish
- Wash cauliflower. Separate the florets. Immerse them in lukewarm salt water for 10 minutes. This will kill the worms if there inside the florets.
- Strain them. Finely chop them in hand or with a vegetable chopper.
- Heat some oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in chopped cauliflower. Saute on a medium-low heat for about 8 minutes.
- By now, cauliflower gets cooked but remains crunchy. Collect it in a plate.
- Add remaining oil to the same pan. Throw in chopped onions. Saute till they become golden brown.
- Add green chili-garlic-ginger paste. Continue sauteing on a low heat for a minute. You will get a nice aroma of these roasted spices.
- Now, add red chili powder, garam masala powder, crushed cumin-coriander powder, and turmeric powder. Continue sauteing for 30 seconds.
- Next, pour tomato puree to the pan. Add salt. Stir-cook the contents for four minutes.
- Throw in sauteed cauliflower. Mix well with the gravy. Stir-cook till the contents become almost dry.
- Turn off the heat. Throw in half portion of chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Transfer the curry to a serving bowl. Garnish with the remaining chopped coriander.
- Your favorite cauliflower keema curry is ready!
- Serve this curry as a side dish for flat bread, roti, chapati, or plain rice. Enjoy eating this spicy, crunchy, and flavorful curry!
Nutritional Information of Cauliflower Keema Curry or Gobi Keema Side Dish
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 8 g||3%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 42 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|