How to Make a Colorful Sweet Corn Side Dish
Crunchy and Colorful
Confetti corn is a delightful, healthy snack that children and adults alike will love. Serve this as a side dish, a simple breakfast, or an evening snack.
In this recipe, we saute fresh corn kernels with butter, onions, and vegetables. The flavor of the final dish comes from adding a bit of spicy pepper as well as some finely chopped fresh dill leaves and optional basil.
Serve this nutritious dish any time and enjoy!
- 1 heaped cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen (I recommend fresh)
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp or less pepper powder
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables, cubed (e.g., capsicum and carrots)
- 1/4 cup red onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill leaves, chopped, for garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (optional), for garnish
- 1/3 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Separate the kernels from the corn cob or use frozen corn.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onions. Saute them until they are transparent.
- Throw in carrot and capsicum cubes. Add some salt. Saute until they are soft and crunchy.
- Add corn kernels. Add butter. Throw in pepper powder. Let the corn cook with butter and pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- By now the vegetable and corn should have nicely absorbed the spices. Add remaining salt. Stir once. Turn off the heat.
- Add chopped fresh dill leaves and basil leaves.
- Serve hot. Happy eating!
Note: This dish is best enjoyed hot. Once it becomes cold, you should re-heat before serving.
Photo TutorialClick thumbnail to view full-size
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 12 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|