How to Make a Yummy Confetti Corn Side Dish
Crunchy and Colorful
Confetti corn is a delightful, healthy snack. Even children enjoy it. This savory snack is fun to indulge in. You can use this as a side dish, a simple breakfast, or an evening snack.
In this, fresh corn kernels are sauteed with butter, onions, and vegetable cubes. Next, these buttered veggies are spiced up with pepper powder. The ultimate flavor comes by adding finely chopped fresh dill leaves and basil.
Serve this nutritious dish hot any time and enjoy eating!
Over to the detailed recipe.
- 1 heaped cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen. I used fresh
- 1 tsp butter, unsalted
- 1/2 tsp or less pepper powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable cubes, capsicum and carrots cut in cubes.
- 1/4 cup red onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill leaves, chopped, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, optional, good for health and gives nice flavor
- 1/3 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Confetti Corn
- Separate corn kernels from the cob or use frozen corn.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onions. Saute them till they are transparent.
- Throw in carrot and capsicum cubes. Add some salt. Saute till they are soft and crunchy.
- Add corn kernels. Add butter. Throw in pepper powder. Let the corn cook with butter and pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, the vegetable and corn would have nicely absorbed the spices. Add remaining salt. Stir once. Turn off the heat.
- Add chopped fresh dill leaves and basil leaves. Your favorite confetti corn is ready to serve!
- Serve 3-4 table spoons of this snack in a bowl. Happy eating!
- Eating them hot is truly delightful. Once it becomes cold, you have to re-heat and eat.
Nutritional Information of Confetti Corn
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 42 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|