Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Vegan Corn Curry Made With Coconut Milk
An Awesome Side Dish Made of Boiled Corn Simmered in Coconut Milk
Corn curry is an easy to cook, simple side dish. It took me about 30-35 minutes to make. You can use fresh or frozen corn kernels in this dish. Juicy corn makes this curry sweetish and crunchy.
I made this curry in two parts. First, I made a paste of coriander leaves, onion, coconut, cashew nuts, ginger, garlic, green chilies, and lemon juice. Next, I made the gravy using boiled corn, the ground paste, coconut milk, and whole garam masala spices (or garam masala powder), and salt.
This vegan side dish has a unique aroma of coriander leaves, spices, and coconut. Eat this creamy and crunchy curry with flatbread, poori, roti, fried rice, plain rice, etc.
Now, let me share the detailed recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves three people
Ingredients for Making Vegan Corn Curry
- 1 1/2 cups boiled sweet corn
- 3/4 cup packed coriander leaves
- 1 tsp grated coconut
- 1 tsp cashew nuts
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 tsp oil
- 4-5 tsp onions, chopped
- salt, to taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Photos for Making this Vegan Corn Curry:
- Boil corn, adding just sufficient water and salt. Keep aside.
- Make a smooth paste of coriander leaves, onions, grated coconut, cashew nuts, ginger, garlic, green chilies, and lemon juice by grinding together in a mixer.
- Keep the coconut milk ready.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add cinnamon stick and cloves. Saute for 5 seconds on a medium flame. Add the paste. Saute till the water evaporates from it.
- Add boiled corn. Mix well. Add coconut milk. Stir the mix and add some water to adjust the consistency of the gravy.
- Add garam masala powder. Continue stir-cooking for 5 more minutes without covering the pan. By this time, the gravy becomes thick and creamy. Switch off the stove.
- The vegan corn curry should now be ready. Serve it with hot rotis or flat breads. This side dish also goes well with fried rice, biryani, etc. Enjoy the taste!