How to Make an Italian-Inspired Sweet Corn Sandwich in 15 Minutes
Corn Dishes are Easy to Make and Assemble
I believe that making a sandwich for breakfast is easy and hassle-free. For this, you need only a few ingredients, some corn stuffing, and a few bread slices.
I recommend that you use whole wheat bread, brown bread, or multi-grain bread. These varieties are healthier when compared to the plain flour-based breads.
The recipe I am showing here is an Italian-inspired one. This sandwich is very delicious, spicy, and flavorful. I used mixed herbs, basil, and paprika to pep up the stuffing.
Preparing corn stuffing in advance can leave you tension free. When you want to make sandwich, just assemble the ingredients.
Corn sandwich can be a breakfast or evening snack.
Let's find out how to make this Italian-inspired sweet corn sandwich.
- 1 heaped cup sweet corn kernels, fresh or frozen, I used fresh
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp dried mixed Italian herbs
- 1/4 tsp paprika, optional, adds taste and flavor
- 1-2 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp cheese, grated, optional, for taste
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Italian-Inspired Sweet Corn Sandwich
- Heat a teaspoon of butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Add chopped garlic. Saute till they are golden brown and crunchy.
- Add corn kernels and some salt. Stir-cook for 3-4 minutes or till corn becomes soft yet retains crunchiness.
- Throw in paprika, dried mixed Italian herbs, pepper powder, and remaining salt. Blend the spices with the corn. Turn off the heat.
- When the mix is not very hot or warm, add chopped tomatoes and freshly chopped basil. Mix well.
- Also, add grated cheese. Stir the mix once. This is the stuffing for the corn sandwich.
- Take two slices of bread. Thinly apply butter on topside of a slice. Generously spread the stuffing on the other slice.
- Now, place the butter coated bread on the corn stuffed bread. Refer the pic for perfection.
- Keep ready two sets of bread sandwiches at a time.
- Grease a griddle or flat pan with some butter. Place the sandwich on it. Turn on the heat.
- Roast both the sides of the sandwich applying butter. Turn off the heat. Remove, and place the sandwiches on a steel plate.
- Cut them diagonally to make two equal pieces. Serve them hot. You don't need any accompaniment to serve with.
- These sandwiches are very tasty and flavorful. Repeat the same for making more sandwiches.
Nutritional Information of Sweet Corn Sandwich
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 8 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|