Making Creamy Beetroot Soup
Beetroot Is About to Be Your New Favorite Veggie
Beetroot is a versatile vegetable that colors any dish and adds a great flavor to anything you make with it. It is a rich source of vitamin C, fiber, and minerals. This soup is spiced up with whole garam masala, ginger, pepper, and garlic. Let me give you an overview of the recipe.
Making Creamy Beetroot Soup At-a-Glance:
For making this soup, heat oil and butter in a deep pan or in a pressure cooker base. Saute whole garam masala spices like cardamom, a little bit of mace, a cinnamon stick, 2-3 cloves, and a few pepper corns. Add finely chopped ginger, onion, and garlic. Saute till onions turn transparent. Throw in chopped tomato. Continue stir-cooking till it becomes soft. Add chopped beetroot. Stir-cook for two minutes. Add salt and 3-4 cups of water. Close the cooker lid. Cook till 3 whistles, and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the fire.
When the pressure comes down, open the lid and keep the mix for cooling. Grind and strain. Boil it adding some water to get the proper consistency. Add some sugar to balance the sourness. Add salt, if necessary. Turn off the fire.
Pour the soup equally into four bowls. Top it with half a teaspoon fresh cream and a few chopped spring onion greens or chopped cilantro. Mouth-watering creamy beetroot soup is ready. Enjoy sipping!
Ingredients for Making Creamy Beetroot Soup
- whole garam masala spices, 1 cardamom, 3 cloves, a piece of mace, 1/2
- 1/4 tsp or more pepper corn
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 4 tsp onion, finely chopped
- 2 heaped cups tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 heaped cup beetroot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar, to balance the sourness
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh cream, optional, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves or spring onion greens, for garnishing
- 1 tsp 1/2 tsp butter and 1/2 tsp oil, for sauteing
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Creamy Beetroot Soup
- Heat butter and oil mix in a pressure cooker bottom or deep-bottomed pot. Saute whole garam masala spices like cardamom, mace, cinnamon, cloves, and pepper on low fire for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, and ginger. Continue sauteing till onion turns transparent.
- Throw in chopped tomatoes. Stir-fry for a minute or till they become tender.
- Add chopped beetroot and some salt. stir-fry for one more minute. Add 3 1/2 cups of water and give it a nice boil.
- Cover the cooker lid and cook up to 3 whistles. Simmer for 3 minutes. Turn off the fire.
- Open the lid when the pressure comes down. Grind the mix and strain. Boil adding water to get the proper thickness. Add sugar. Check for the taste. Adjust accordingly. Turn off the fire.
- Pour the soup equally into four bowls. Top them with some fresh cream and chopped coriander leaves. Creamy beetroot soup is ready to serve. Enjoy sipping this wonderful restaurant-style soup!
Nutritional Information of Creamy Beetroot Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 17 g||6%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 390 mg||16%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|