I love staying fit and cooking tasty and healthy meals. I don't use artificial colors or preservatives.
Beetroot Is About to Be Your New Favorite Veggie
Beetroot is a versatile vegetable that colors any dish and adds a great flavor to anything you make with it. It is a rich source of vitamin C, fiber, and minerals. This soup is spiced up with whole garam masala, ginger, pepper, and garlic. Let me give you an overview of the recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
4 bowls of soup
Ingredients for Making Creamy Beetroot Soup
- Whole garam masala spices, 1 cardamom, 3 cloves, a piece of mace
- 1/4 tsp or more pepper corn
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 4 tsp onion, finely chopped
- 2 heaped cups tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 heaped cup beetroot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar, to balance the sourness
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh cream, optional, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves or spring onion greens, for garnishing
- 1 tsp 1/2 tsp butter and 1/2 tsp oil, for sauteing
- Heat butter and oil mix in a pressure cooker bottom or deep-bottomed pot. Saute whole garam masala spices like cardamom, mace, cinnamon, cloves, and pepper on low fire for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, and ginger. Continue sauteing till onion turns transparent.
- Throw in chopped tomatoes. Stir-fry for a minute or till they become tender.
- Add chopped beetroot and some salt. Stir-fry for one more minute. Add 3 1/2 cups of water and give it a nice boil.
- Cover the cooker lid and cook up to 3 whistles. Simmer for 3 minutes. Turn off the fire.
- Open the lid when the pressure comes down. Grind the mix and strain. Boil, adding water to get the proper thickness. Add sugar. Check for the taste. Adjust accordingly. Turn off the fire.
- Pour the soup equally into 4 bowls. Top them with some fresh cream and chopped coriander leaves. Creamy beetroot soup is ready to serve. Enjoy sipping this wonderful restaurant-style soup!