How to Make Five-Ingredient Vinaigrette Dressing
Vinaigrette is a basic salad dressing that is made with oil, vinegar, and seasoning. The typical vinaigrette ratio is 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar. There are a variety of oils and vinegars that may be used in making a vinaigrette. This particular recipe contains only five ingredients, and it's quick and easy to make. I enjoy serving this dressing with many types of salads.
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
For Making the Five-Ingredient Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 3 small bowls
- measuring spoons
- bottle or dispenser
- Transfer and dilute sugar with vinegar in a squeeze bottle or any container with a lid.
- Add the vegetable oil.
- Cover the bottle or container. Shake it until everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Season the vinaigrette dressing with salt and pepper.
- Cover and shake the container to mix all of the ingredients completely.
- Store the vinaigrette inside the refrigerator for future use.
Vinaigrette Dressing Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- Use artificial sweetener to make it an ideal salad dressing for diabetic patients.
- Replace regular oil with olive oil to create a healthier version.
- Regular oil may solidify if stored inside the refrigerator. In order to prevent this from happening, use olive oil.
- Adjust the amount if you opt to use other types of vinegar.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. Close the lid and shake until everything is well mixed.
- Try serving this vinaigrette with my egg salad.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan