I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
A Yummy Gravy Soup With a Strong Garlic Flavor
Drinking a watery soup is common. But to have a garlicky, rich, and gravy soup is a luxury. Sweet corn is a favorite veggie for many. It attracts people with its mild sweetness and crunchy texture.
Tomato is the other major ingredient of this hearty soup. As tomatoes are roughly ground, you get boiled tomato pieces in this chowder. This soup has high fiber that makes you chew a bit and enjoy the taste slowly for a longer time.
Sauteed garlic chunks add an appetizing flavor to this chowder. To complement this, I used minced ginger. The whole combo is just fantastic. Also, this is a very nutritious soup.
Drink half a bowl of this chowder on a cold morning/evening to make yourself fresh and warm.
Here is the detailed recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 bowls of chowder/soup
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels, fresh or frozen. I used fresh ones
- 1 cup tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 inch ginger, finely chopped or minced
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar, or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1 tsp olive oil or butter
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/8 tsp red chili powder, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp fresh green coriander, finely chopped, for garnishing
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making a Garlicky Sweet Corn Potato Chowder/Soup
- Put corn kernels and chopped tomatoes into a mixer. Pulse them many times, so that you will get a coarse paste. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in finely chopped ginger, garlic, and onions.
- Saute on a low heat till they become golden brown. Now, you will get a nice aroma from these spices.
- Add corn-tomato mix. Saute for 2 minutes. Add salt, pepper powder, and sugar. Continue sauteing for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add three cups of water. Mix well. Keep the heat low. Cover the pan and cook for another 3 minutes.
- By this time, the veggies get cooked and become soft. Turn off the heat.
- Your favorite sweet corn tomato chowder is ready!
- Pour it equally into 3 bowls. Garnish with a few chopped coriander leaves. Also, sprinkle a bit of red chili powder on the top. Adding some fresh butter also works wonderful.
- Enjoy sipping this garlicky chowder on a cold morning/evening.