Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Cucumbers Are Soothing and Delightful
Cucumbers are great additions to most salads. They are crunchy, mildly sweet, and a bit watery. They offer many health benefits in addition to their delightful and soothing properties.
Cucumbers purportedly help to:
- Hydrate and cool the body
- Flush out toxins
- Maintain skin and eye health
- Aid weight-loss
This German cucumber salad is a very easy and simple dish that can be made in a jiffy. Crunchy cucumbers are complemented by a mildly spiced, creamy dressing, producing a cold salad that is delightful in the summer—or anytime!
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves three people
- 1 medium cucumber, washed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dill leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt (sour cream gives a creamier texture)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds, roasted
- 1 tablespoon thick milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add cucumber and onion.
- In a separate bowl, add yogurt or sour cream, pepper powder, chopped dill leaves, roasted mustard seeds, vinegar, milk, and salt. Whisk these ingredients together.
- Add the sauce to the bowl containing the sliced cucumbers and onions.
- Stir the contents. Your favorite German cucumber salad is ready!
- Serve right away or after refrigerating for an hour. This salad will stay fresh for 4 to 5 hours if refrigerated.
- You can serve it as a starter or as a side dish for the meal. It is truly a healthy, refreshing, and delightful starter. Enjoy!