Making a German Creamy Cucumber Salad in Ten Minutes
Cucumbers Are Soothing and Delightful
Cucumbers are great additions to most salads. They are crunchy, mildly sweet, and a bit watery. They offer many health benefits in addition to their delightful and soothing properties.
Cucumbers purportedly help to:
- Hydrate and cool the body
- Flush out toxins
- Maintain skin and eye health
- Aid weight-loss
This German cucumber salad is a very easy and simple dish that can be made in a jiffy. Crunchy cucumbers are complemented by a mildly spiced, creamy dressing, producing a cold salad that is delightful in the summer—or anytime!
- 1 medium cucumber, washed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp dill leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt (sour cream gives a creamier texture)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, roasted
- 1 tbsp thick milk
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add cucumber and onion.
- In a separate bowl, add yogurt or sour cream, pepper powder, chopped dill leaves, roasted mustard seeds, vinegar, milk, and salt. Whisk these ingredients together.
- Add the sauce to the bowl containing sliced cucumbers and onions.
- Stir the contents. Your favorite German cucumber salad is ready!
- Serve right away or after refrigerating for an hour. This salad will stay fresh for 4-5 hours if refrigerated.
- You can serve it as a starter or as a side dish for the meal. It is truly a healthy, refreshing, and delightful starter. Enjoy!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 32 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|