How to Make a German Creamy Cucumber Salad in Ten Minutes
Cucumbers are Soothing and Delightful
Cucumbers are great additions to most salads. They are crunchy, mildly sweetish, and a bit watery. They are considered nutrient-dense and pleasing veggies. They offer many health benefits in addition to their delightful and soothing properties.
Cucumbers purportedly help with:
- keeping your body hydrated and cool,
- flushing out toxins,
- maintaining skin and eye health, and
- aiding weight-loss.
This German cucumber salad is a very easy and simple dish that can be made in a jiffy. This is a fantastic blend of cucumber, red onions, dill leaves, creamy yogurt, vinegar, pepper powder, mustard seeds, and salt.
In this salad, crunchy cucumbers are hidden inside a mildly spiced, creamy coating. It's just awesome to have this cold salad any time, anywhere!
Now, let's see how to make this German cucumber salad.
Creamy German Cucumber Salad
- 1 medium size cucumber, washed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp dill leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt, I used yogurt. Sour cream gives more creamy texture.
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, roasted
- 1 tbsp thick milk
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making German Cucumber Salad
- Wash cucumber. Thinly slice it. Collect them in a mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice the onion. Add them to the bowl.
- Put yogurt or sour cream, pepper powder, chopped dill leaves, roasted mustard seeds, vinegar, milk, and salt in another bowl.
- I used yogurt. If you use sour cream, you will get a better creamy texture.
- Nicely whisk them. Add this thick paste to the bowl containing sliced cucumbers and onions.
- Stir the contents. Your favorite German cucumber salad is ready!
- Use it fresh or after refrigerating for an hour. This salad will stay fresh for 4-5 hours if refrigerated.
- You can serve it as a starter or as a side dish for the meal. It is truly a healthy, refreshing, and delightful starter. Enjoy eating!
Nutritional Information of German Cucumber Salad
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 2 mg||1%|
|Sodium 62 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|