How to Make Quick and Easy Fresh Green Pea Soup
How I Made This Soup At-a-Glance:
Fresh green pea soup is a perfect winter dish. It is simply delightful. This spicy and aromatic soup takes only twenty minutes to make. Using onions in this soup give it a nice flavor. The potatoes and butter make it smooth and silky.
Remove fresh peas from the pods or use frozen green peas. Heat some butter in a pan. Add green peas, chopped onions, diced potatoes, and chopped coriander leaves. Sprinkle a little salt. Saute them for two minutes. Then, pour some water. Let the mix boil for 3-4 minutes. Cover the pan for fast cooking. Turn off the fire. Keep aside the mix for cooling.
Grind it to get a smooth paste or liquid. Pour it into the same pan. Add pepper powder, remaining salt, and half a cup of milk. Stir the mix. Boil for two minutes. Turn off the fire. Fresh peas or green peas soup is ready!
Pour the hot soup equally into four bowls. Enjoy sipping this colorful and delicious soup!
- 1 small cup fresh/frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp or less pepper powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Green Peas Soup
- Remove fresh peas from the pod or use frozen ones.
- Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in green peas, chopped onions, potatoes, and chopped coriander leaves. Sprinkle some salt. Saute on low fire for two minutes.
- Pour some water. Boil the mix for 3-4 minutes. Cover the pan for fast cooking. Turn off the fire. Keep the pan aside for cooling.
- Pour the contents into a mixer grinder. Grind to get a smooth liquid or paste.
- Pour this liquid into the same pan. Add pepper powder, a little salt, and milk. Boil the mix for two minutes. Turn off the flame. Green peas soup is vibrant and inviting!
- Pour it equally into four bowls. Enjoy sipping it hot.
Nutritional Information of Green Peas Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 422 mg||18%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|