How to Make Quick and Easy Pumpkin Soup
Try this Easy and Quick Winter Warmer Soup
I had a portion of pumpkin left in my kitchen that inspired me to make this awesome soup. While sipping it, I felt it is a blessing to enjoy the cold winter months with this hot and spicy puree.
Making Pumpkin Soup At-a-Glance:
To start with, saute cumin seeds, a cinnamon stick, and a few pepper corns in butter, ghee, or oil. Let cumin sizzle. Add chopped onions and slit green chilies. Stir-fry till onion becomes pink and transparent. Add chopped tomatoes. Saute till it becomes soft. Finally add chopped pumpkin. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add some salt for fast cooking. Pour 2 cups of water. Boil till pumpkin becomes soft. Turn off the fire. Keep aside the mix for cooling.
Once cooled, pour it into a mixer grinder. Add a piece of nutmeg(optional). Finely grind to get a puree. Strain to separate the waste particles. Take the puree in a deep vessel or pan. Add 2 glasses of water and some sugar. Stir well. Boil for 3-4 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice. Check for salt. Add, if necessary. Pumpkin soup is ready! Pour it equally into 4 soup bowls. Garnish with fresh cream, a pinch of kashmiri red chili powder(not hot), and a few chopped spring onion greens. Sip and enjoy this yummy hot soup!
Ingredients for Making Pumpkin Soup
- 1 bowl chopped pumpkin, skin removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 8 pepper corns
- 1 green chili, not so hot
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 inch cinnamon stick
- a tiny piece nutmeg, optional, gives nice flavor
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2 pinches red chili powder or kashmiri red chili powder, for garnishing
- a few chopped spring onion greens, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp fresh cream, garnishing for 4 bowls
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Pumpkin Soup
- Wash pumpkin. Remove the skin. Chop the flesh and collect in a bowl.
- Heat butter and oil in a deep pan. Add cumin seeds, pepper corns, and cinnamon stick. Saute till cumin sizzles.
- Throw in chopped onions. Stir-fry till they become pink and transparent. Add slit green chilies and chopped tomatoes. Continue sauteing till they become tender.
- Add chopped pumpkins and salt. Stir-cook for 2 minutes. Pour 2 cups of water. Let the mix boil for 3-4 minutes or till pumpkin turns soft. Cover the lid for fast cooking. Turn off the fire. Keep aside for cooling.
- Take the contents in a mixer grinder. Add a tiny piece of nutmeg. Grind them to get a smooth puree. Strain to remove the impurities.
- Pour the puree in a vessel or pan. Add 2 glasses of water. Add sugar. Boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check for salt. Add, if necessary. Squeeze lemon juice. Stir once.
- Pumpkin soup is ready to serve. Pour equally into four bowls. Garnish with some fresh cream, a pinch of red chili powder, and a few chopped spring onion greens. Enjoy sipping this creamy hot soup!
Nutritional Information of Pumpkin Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 42 g||14%|
|Sugar 8 g|
|Fiber 10 g||40%|
|Protein 13 g||26%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 951 mg||40%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|