How to Make Buttered Corn Kernels
Buttered corn kernels have always been my favorite side dish—aside from mashed potatoes. I truly love the richness of the corn, especially when cooked in butter. I even enjoy the crunchiness when cooked perfectly. Now, level-up your canned corn kernels by following my simple yet delicious recipe.
- 1 can Corn Kernels
- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Ground Pepper
For preparing the ingredients:
- 1 large bowling (for the corn)
- 5 small bowls (for the other ingredients)
- Measuring spoons
For cooking the side dish:
- Basting Spoon
- Melt butter in a pan. Saute the corn over medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir the kernels occasionally.
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed. Serve while still hot.
Step-by-Step Procedure: Buttered Corn Kernels
Tips and Techniques
- Make a cheesy snack of sautéed corn kernels by adding cheese powder on it.
- Replace 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder by one piece garlic clove (minced).
- Add a small amount of oil when heating the butter to avoid burning.
- Use fresh parsley if available.
- Store leftovers in the freezer for future use like when making a fried rice.
© 2018 Travel Chef