Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Delightful Snacks for Lunch or Dinner!
Sometimes, we need a little spark when eating the same old food for lunch or dinner. Adding a special snack on the side can make a meal absolutely delightful. Savory eggplant fritters are an easy and quick option to pep up your meal.
Crunchy on the outside and spongy on the inside, these fritters are not only deliciously flavorful, they are nutritious as well.
Serve these to enhance the taste of any meal—or enjoy them as a simple evening snack.
Now, let me share with you the detailed recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 4 people
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon eno fruit salt (if you don't have enough, use baking powder instead)
- 2 eggplants, washed and sliced
- salt to taste
- oil for shallow-frying
- In a mixing bowl, add chickpea flour, rice flour, pepper powder, chopped onions, red chili powder, coriander powder, baking powder or Eno fruit salt, and salt.
- Make a moderately thin and lump-free batter by adding enough water. Rest it for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice eggplants and immerse them in water. Take them out and thinly apply some salt on both sides. You can use any type of eggplant for this recipe.
- Heat a flat pan. Add some oil for shallow-frying. Dip the eggplant slices, one at a time in the batter and place on the pan. Keep some gap between the slices.
- Add a few drops of oil on the top. Keep the heat medium-low. Flip the slices once the bottom side becomes golden brown and crunchy.
- Roast both sides adding a few drops of oil. Covering the pan for sometime reduces cooking time.
- Remove the slices and place on a serving plate.
- Serve hot eggplant fritters with tomato sauce if serving as a tea-time snack. Otherwise, serve them as a side dish for the meal.
- Enjoy eating these crispy and spongy snacks!