How to Make Stir-Fry Veggie Garlic Soup in 20 Minutes
Stir-Fry Veg Garlic Soup
How I made This Quick Soup At-a-Glance:
I believe this is one of the easier and healthier soups I have made in a jiffy. I used red chili-ginger-garlic paste, shredded cabbage, chopped red capsicum, spring onion whites & greens, butter, corn flour, and lemon juice for making this soup.
To start with, soak kashmiri red chili powder or any other red chili powder in just enough water to cover them for 10 minutes. Grind, soaked red chili powder, garlic, and ginger to get a coarse paste. Pour this paste into a deep pan. Add a teaspoon butter to it. Turn on the heat. Saute the mix till it boils for a while and emits a nice aroma. Throw in spring onion whites. Saute for 2 minutes. Add shredded cabbage, red capsicum, and salt. Saute on high fire for 3-4 minutes. Pour 2 glasses of water. Let the mix boil. Add some corn flour mixed with water. Stir well. Turn off the fire after 2 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice. Add two pinches of sugar to balance the taste.
Stir-fry veggie garlic soup is ready to serve. Pour it equally into four bowls. Garnish with a few chopped spring onion greens or coriander leaves. Enjoy sipping this spicy hot soup on a cold evening!
Ingredients for Making Stir-Fry Veg Garlic Soup
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder or any other variety, soak in water for 10 minutes
- 3-4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red capsicum, julienned
- 1/4 cup spring onion whites, finely chopped
- 2 tsp spring onion greens, finely chopped, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 2 pinches sugar, optional, to balance the taste
Step-By-Step Guidelines and Photos for Making Stir-Fry Veg Garlic Soup
- Mix corn flour in 1/2 cup water. Keep aside.
- Soak kashmiri red chili powder or any other red chili powder for 10 minutes in just sufficient water.
- Grind soaked chili powder, garlic, and ginger to get a coarse paste.
- Add the paste to a deep-bottomed pan. Add butter. Saute the mix till you get a fine aroma. Add spring onion whites. Saute for a minute.
- Add shredded cabbage, red capsicum, and salt. Let the fire be medium high. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Pour 2 glasses of water. Bring it to a boil. Pour the cornflour mixture. Turn off the fire after boiling for a while.
- Squeeze lemon juice. Add 2 pinches of sugar(optional). Check for the taste. Adjust accordingly.
- Stir-fry veg garlic soup is ready to serve. Pour it equally into 4 bowls. Garnish with a few chopped spring onion greens. Enjoy sipping this hot, garlicky, and spicy soup!
Nutritional Information of Stir-Fry Veg Garlic Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 82 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|