I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
Sweet Potato and Sweet Corn Salad
This Nutrient-Rich Salad Can be an After-School Snack
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A. They are also a good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, dietary fiber, vitamin B 6, and phosphorous. Due to their mild sweetness and soft texture, many people like them.
Sweet corn is known for its dietary fiber and antioxidants. It is a popular veggie due to its mild sweetness and crunchiness.
This sweet potato and sweet corn salad is a delightful snack that can also be consumed as a starter dish. I made this awesome snack for two people in about 20 minutes.
Read More From Delishably
Here is the recipe for this tasty dish.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves two people
- 1 big cup sweet corn kernels, fresh or frozen, I used fresh
- 1 small cup sweet potato, peeled, diced, and immersed in water
- 1 tsp butter or olive oil
- 1/8 tsp red chili powder
- 1/6 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1 tsp fresh green coriander, finely chopped, for garnishing
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Sweet Potato and Sweet Corn Salad
- Heat 1/2 tea spoon butter in a deep bottomed pan. Add diced sweet potatoes. Saute them for two minutes.
- Add some salt and a little water. Mix well. Cover the pan. Keep the heat very low. Cook for about 4 minutes or till they are soft. By now, the mix would have become dry.
- Add red chili powder. Mix well. Transfer it to a bowl.
- In the same pan, Add remaining butter. Throw in sweet corn kernels. Stir cook adding very little water for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper powder. Mix well. Stir till the mix becomes dry. Turn off the heat.
- Take two serving plates. Put sweet corn equally into the bowls. Top it with half portion of sweet potatoes for each bowl. Garnish both the bowls with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Your favorite sweet potato and sweet corn salad is ready! Enjoy eating this sweet, crunchy, and delightful snack.