I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
Homemade Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste)
Tahini Is Rich With High Quality Nutrients
Sesame seeds and olive oil are the main ingredients for making tahini. Sesame seeds are a good source of natural oils, vitamins, and minerals like iron, fiber, and magnesium. They are high in cholesterol-lowering phytosterols.
Sesame seeds are known to protect heart health and improve blood circulation. They balance the hormones in the body and fight against cancer. They help in nutrient absorption and burn fat.
Olive oil is known for its healthy monosaturated fats. It has a large number of antioxidants. It is protective against heart diseases and prevents strokes. It has anti-inflammatory properties too.
People use tahini in many ways. It is one of the ingredients for making hummus. It is used in salad dressing, marinade, and meat-cooking.
Now, let's see in detail how to make this nutrient-rich tahini paste at home.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Half a cup of tahini sauce
- 1/2 cup white sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste)
- Heat a deep-bottomed pan. Add sesame seeds. Keep the heat low. Dry roast the seeds while turning them often. This will help in uniform frying.
- Turn off the heat once the seeds become shiny and lightly golden brown.
- Set aside for cooling. Once completely cold, put them in a mixer. Scrape the sides occasionally and grind to get a smooth powder.
- Next, add olive oil. Grind together to get a smooth paste.
- Collect the paste/sauce in a bowl. Use it as is and use it when you want to make hummus. Also, you can use it as salad dressing, marinade, and as a sauce to cook meat with.
- You can preserve this paste in a refrigerator in an air-tight container. This will stay good for several months.
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on March 22, 2018:
Thanks for reading my hub. You are right. People like tahini taste and aroma.
irescafe on March 22, 2018:
its also increate taste