How to Make Tahir Idli (Idli in Yogurt Sauce)
Tahir Idli (Idli in Yogurt Sauce)
Idli Dipped in Yogurt Sauce
Idli is a popular Indian breakfast dish. Here, people make idlis often. So, there will always be occasions when you have leftover idlis. Making tahir idli is a brilliant way to make use of these idlis. Tahir idli is very delicious and easy to eat.
Idlis are steamed dumplings made of rice semolina and white lentil. They are a protein-rich breakfast food. For making tahir idli, you will have to prepare a yogurt sauce. This sauce is spicy, tangy, and a bit sweet. Next, dip idli chunks in this sauce. Top it with titbits like a mixture of veggies or broken chips. Enjoy eating this awesome dish!
Now, let me share with you the detailed recipe.
- 4 idlis, cut in 1 inch squares
- 4 cups curds or yogurt, less sour, beaten
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, for the tempering
- 1 tsp clarified butter (ghee) or oil, for the tempering
- 4-6 curry leaves, for the tempering
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar, optional, for sweetness
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp tit bits, like mixture or broken chips, for topping
- 4 pinches red chili powder, for garnishing
- 2 pinches hing powder, for the tempering
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Tahir Idli
- Put curds or yogurt in a mixing bowl. Beat it.
- Heat oil or ghee in a small pan. Throw in cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add curry leaves and some hing powder. Turn off the heat. Transfer this tempering to the same bowl.
- Add red chili powder, pepper powder, salt, and sugar (optional) to the bowl. Mix well. Now, the yogurt sauce is ready.
- Arrange idli chunks on the sauce. Spread titbits on the top. Also, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and red chili powder.
- Serve it quickly in a plate or bowl. Enjoy eating idli in yogurt sauce!
Nutritional Information of Tahir Idli
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 13 g||26%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|