How to Make Mixed Vegetable Soup
A Colorful Puree Soup With Multiple Nutrients
I often use mixed vegetables in curries, soups, and side dishes. The logic behind it is that if you use mixed vegetables in your dish, it will have many nutrients. It will be different and tasty as well.
Looking into the nutrient content of this soup, it has many nutrients. I made this soup using carrots, beetroot, onions, ginger, garlic, cumin, and butter.
Carrots are a known source of antioxidant. It is a smooth, mild sweet vegetable. It helps to keep a good oral health, helps to protect against cancer, and also very useful for the eye health.
Beetroot contains immune-building vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals. It boosts your stamina and keeps you energetic. It has anti-cancer properties too.
Ginger, garlic, cumin, and onions are miraculous spices/herbs that are very good for your health. This soup is easy to make. Sip a bowl of this hot soup in winter or on a cold evening. This will keep you fresh and warm.
Over to the recipe.
- 1/4 cup carrots, thinly chopped
- 1/4 cup beetroot, thinly chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp onions, thinly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp butter or olive oil, I used butter
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, optional, gives good flavor
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Mixed Vegetable Soup
- Heat butter or olive oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, and pepper corns. Saute till cumin splutters.
- Throw in chopped onions. Saute till they become translucent.
- Add chopped carrots and beetroot. Add some salt. This will speed up the cooking process. Continue sauteing for 3-4 minutes.
- Throw in chopped tomatoes. Saute till tomatoes become a bit mushy.
- Now, add a cup of water. Stir the mix. Cover the pan. Cook on a low fire till the veggies become soft and cooked.
- Turn off the heat. Once it cools down, grind it to get a smooth liquid. You can add water while grinding.
- Strain the mix to remove the impurities. Add it to the same pan. Switch on the heat. Pour 3-4 cups of water. Add sugar and remaining salt. Bring the mix to a nice boil.
- Turn off the heat. Your favorite mixed vegetable soup is now ready to serve!
- Pour it equally into 4 bowls. Top it with a few chopped basil. Also, sprinkle a few drops of butter.
- Enjoy sipping this awesome soup!
Nutritional Information of Mixed Vegetable Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 10 g||3%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 4 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|