Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Potato Vegetable Soup
This Soup Is So Creamy!
When I started to make this soup, I had no idea that it will turn out so yummy! The whole process was very simple and easy. You boil a potato, carrot, and onion, puree with spices, and add milk to get this aromatic, creamy soup starter.
Serve it hot with some fresh butter and grated cheese on top. I garnished the soup with a few chopped fresh basil leaves from my home garden. I found the chunks of basil to be very aromatic while sipping this soup. Give it a try.
Here is the recipe for this creamy soup.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Four bowls of soup
- 1 big potato, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder, increase the quantity for more spiciness
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp butter, for serving each bowl
- 2 pinches grated cheese, for serving each bowl
- a few fresh basil, optional, chopped
- salt to taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Potato Vegetable Soup
- Chop potatoes, carrots, and onions. Cook them together, adding some water. I pressure-cooked them. You can cook them in a pot. Set aside to cool.
- Put them in a mixer or grinder. Make a smooth liquid puree, adding water as needed while grinding.
- Transfer this puree to a deep-bottomed pan. Heat it. Stir occasionally while boiling it. There is no need to boil for a longer time as the veggies are already cooked.
- Add dried oregano, pepper powder, and salt. Add milk. Adjust the consistency by adding water. It should be neither too thin nor too thick. Turn off the flame when it gets a nice boil. Potato vegetable soup is ready to serve.
- Pour this soup equally into 4 bowls. Add 1/4 tsp of butter to each bowl. Throw in some grated cheese. Garnish with a few chopped fresh basil. Enjoy sipping this creamy, buttery, aromatic soup!