I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
Crunchy and Delicious Golden-Fried Baby Corn
People love baby corn for its sweet flavor, grainy texture, and numerous health benefits. This vegetable is low in starch and calories, and high in fiber.
I made golden-fried baby corn yesterday. It was so crispy and scrumptious that the whole batch disappeared in no time! This recipe is very easy to make. It took me about 25 minutes from start to finish.
Golden-fried baby corn makes a great appetizer or party snack. Let me share with you my detailed recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 4 people
- 15 baby corn, washed, slit horizontally
- 2 tablespoons yogurt or thick curd
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 pinches turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chat masala powder (optional, available in Indian stores)
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- oil for deep-frying
- Wash and slit baby corn horizontally. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, rice flour, corn flour, thick curd or yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, chat masala, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well to form a lump-free batter.
- The batter should be thin in consistency as shown in the photo. Add just enough water to make the batter thin.
- Heat the oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Dip the baby corn pieces in the batter. Slowly slide each of them into the hot oil. Keep the heat medium-high.
- Turn the baby corn occasionally to ensure uniform frying. Once the baby corn starts becoming crispy, reduce the flame.
- Fry them until they turn golden and crispy. Remove and place on an absorbent paper towel.
- Repeat the procedure to make all baby corn golden fingers.
- Now, hot golden-fried baby corn is ready to eat! Munch them as they are or with tomato sauce. Enjoy the taste!