Recipe for Creamy Mayo Potato Salad
Salad Recipe with Potatoes and Mayo
In this article, I will show you how to make the best creamy potato salad recipe with a step-by-step guide, videos, and photos. This traditional dish goes well with coleslaw and sandwiches.
Preparation and Cook Time
- 3 large potatoes
- 6 scallions or spring onions
- 1 bunch parsley, fresh or dried
- 1/2 jar mayonnaise
- 1 ounce butter
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut into small pieces and boil until they are soft when pierced with a knife. Remove from the cooker and drain out the water.
- While they are still hot add the butter in small pieces and allow to melt.
- Prepare the scallions or spring onions. Cut off the root end making sure to keep as much of the bulb as possible. Wash under the tap. Cut into very small pieces. Make sure you use both the bulb and the green storks
- If you have fresh parsley then cut off some storks and cut them up into small pieces. It is not always possible to grow or buy fresh parsley so the dried herb will do. But to be honest it really does not taste any where as nice as fresh.
- Go back to your potatoes. Mash them up with a fork. but not too much. You do not want them completely mashed. Small lumps of potato as well as smooth mash is your aim.
- Add the scallions or spring onions and the parsley to the potatoes.
- Mix in gently with the fork. Add most of the parsley and do the same. Salt and pepper can now be thrown in too if required
- Use a large spoon to throw in the mayonnaise and blend in gently
- Leave in the fridge for at least an hour but longer is better. When you are about to serve cut some sprigs of fresh parsley leaves and place them on top of the bowl.
- Enjoy your wonderful cold potato salad