L.M. Reid is an Irish writer who has published many recipe articles. She has a keen interest in creating delicious recipes and dinner ideas.
Salad Recipe with Potatoes and Mayo
In this article, I will show you how to make the best creamy potato salad recipe with a step-by-step guide, videos, and photos. This traditional dish goes well with coleslaw and sandwiches.
Preparation and Cook Time
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 3 large potatoes
- 6 scallions or spring onions
- 1 bunch parsley, fresh or dried
- 1/2 jar mayonnaise
- 1 ounce butter
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut into small pieces and boil until they are soft when pierced with a knife. Remove from the cooker and drain out the water.
- While they are still hot add the butter in small pieces and allow to melt.
- Prepare the scallions or spring onions. Cut off the root end making sure to keep as much of the bulb as possible. Wash under the tap. Cut into very small pieces. Make sure you use both the bulb and the green storks
- If you have fresh parsley then cut off some storks and cut them up into small pieces. It is not always possible to grow or buy fresh parsley so the dried herb will do. But to be honest it really does not taste any where as nice as fresh.
- Go back to your potatoes. Mash them up with a fork. but not too much. You do not want them completely mashed. Small lumps of potato as well as smooth mash is your aim.
- Add the scallions or spring onions and the parsley to the potatoes.
- Mix in gently with the fork. Add most of the parsley and do the same. Salt and pepper can now be thrown in too if required
- Use a large spoon to throw in the mayonnaise and blend in gently
- Leave in the fridge for at least an hour but longer is better. When you are about to serve cut some sprigs of fresh parsley leaves and place them on top of the bowl.
- Enjoy your wonderful cold potato salad
Recipe for home made potato salad
L M Reid (author) from Ireland on June 24, 2013:
Thanks for reading and the vote Garlic Angel
Christine from Dublin on June 20, 2013:
L M Reid (author) from Ireland on July 07, 2012:
The potato salad does taste so much better with the onion and parsley mixed in vespawoolf. Thank you for the votes and share
Lipnancy you will love the taste of the cold potato with a salad, it really makes a nice addition. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment
Nancy Yager from Hamburg, New York on June 27, 2012:
Please make some for me. You make me so hungry. Will try your wonderful recipe.
Vespa Woolf from Peru, South America on June 27, 2012:
Your potato salad looks so garden fresh and yummy! I like your addition of parsley and green onion. Thank you for the extra recipes, as well. Voted up and shared!