L.M.Reid creates tasty and delicious recipes with step-by-step instructions and photos so you can learn how to make each recipe at home.
Fresh Roasted Vegetables in the Oven
Here is my recipe for crispy roasted vegetables. When you roast them fresh in this way, they taste completely different than when you boil them. I have given step-by-step instructions with my own photos so you can learn how to roast these tasty veggies in the oven quickly and easily.
- 4 small tomatoes
- 2 small onions
- 1 zucchini
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 medium parsnip
- 1 medium swede or turnip
- vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Step 1: Prepare the Vegetables
- Peppers: Cut in half and remove the seeds. Cut them again to make smaller pieces.
- Tomatoes: Remove the stalks and cut in half.
- Onions: Cut, peel, and cut in half.
- Carrots: Peel and cut off the end and the top. Cut in half and then down the middle.
- Parsnip: Peel and cut off both the end and top. Cut in half and then into quarters.
- Zucchini: Cut into quarters. Take each quarter and remove the seeds with a large spoon. Slice into small pieces.
- Swede or turnip: Cut in half and peel. Slice into pieces.
Step 2: Add the Vegetables to the Roasting Dish
- Take out a large roasting dish and add a small amount of cooking oil to the bottom.
- Place the red peppers in a line down in the dish.
- Add the yellow peppers next beside them.
- Turn each pepper around in the tin so that each one is covered in the oil.
- Put the carrots down beside them and turn until covered in the oil.
- Do the same for the parsnips.
- Place the pieces of zucchini next.
- Cut the swede/turnip into smaller chunks, add to the tin and turn around in the oil.
- Add the tomatoes and onions in any spaces in between the other vegetables.
- Add a sprinkling of oil over the top of the vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper as per your taste.
Step 3: Cook the Vegetables in the Oven
- Place the roasting dish in the oven for 20 minutes at 220 degrees Celsius or 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from oven and turn the vegetables.
- Roast them for another 20 minutes.
I did include broccoli amongst the vegetables I roasted in this recipe. But because it does not require as much time to cook it got burnt to a cinder. So I will not make that mistake again.