Instant Pot Potato Soup
Why take hours and hours to make delicious soup when you don't have to? This recipe is another favorite of ours for delicious soup in just under an hour. It's great for leftovers and can be frozen for 2-3 months.
I love my Instant Pot. If you don't have one, make sure to get one. Give them for gifts. There is nothing this appliance can't do.
Now, let's just get the recipe started...
- 5 lbs Potatoes, Idaho or yukon gold
- 8 cups Chicken broth
- 1 Onion/or Leek, Chopped/diced
- 3 cups Cheddar Cheese, Or cheese of your choice
- 8 oz/ 1 block Cream Cheese, room temp
- Scallions or bacon bits, for topping
- Stick blender For blending
- Remove or leave the skin on the potatoes but cut them into chunks or cubes, put in Instant Pot.
- Add broth and onion to pot.
- Set Instant Pot for 10 min on high pressure.
- When timer goes off, do a quick release of pressure.
- Add block of cream cheese and cheddar cheese, and blend in pot with a stick blender.
- Top with your favorite toppings, serve with bread and salad, and enjoy!
Please rate my soup!
© 2017 Rebecca