Instant Pot Cheddar Broccoli Cauliflower Soup
A "souper" easy dinner.
This is one of the many Instant Pot recipes that is super fast, easy, and delicious. This is vegetarian-friendly but is not vegan (due to dairy).
Everyone should own a pressure cooker. They make food really fast, retain flavor, and are great for busy households, students, single parents, those going camping, and anyone who does not eat meat. Why slave over a stove when you don't have to?
If you're being really frugal and getting ingredients from a discount grocer, you can make a ton of this soup for just a few bucks. Serve it with bread and salad, and it's an entire meal. If you want to be fancy, serve it in bread bowls. Fresh ingredients are better, but not necessary.
It's a great soup and can be frozen for up to three months.
- about 4 cups 1-2 bags frozen veggie medley, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower
- 4-6 cups chicken broth/or veggie broth, use 4 cups if you want thicker soup
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Empty frozen veggies into the pot.
- Add 4-6 cups of water, or chicken broth, or water and bouillon cubes, or even vegetable broth (this recipe is so forgiving).
- Set the instant pot to high pressure, for 4 minutes.
- When the pot beeps, quick-release the steam.
- Add the pint of heavy cream, stir.
- Add your cheese, and stir again until melted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
If you want a creamier soup, stick blend it in the Instant Pot after step 6. Top with more cheese, more veggies, or anything else you like.
Into the pot it goes
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Rebecca