How to Make Buttered Sweet Corn in 12 Minutes
Kids prefer certain snacks. Buttered sweet corn is one such dishes. Sweet corn or American corn is a good source of antioxidants and fiber. It is loaded with phytochemicals. Above all, it is a crunchy, flavorful, and tasty vegetable that attracts everyone. The snacks made of them are yummy and delightful.
Buttered sweet corn can be made in a jiffy. You need fresh or frozen corn kernels, butter, pepper powder, lemon juice, and salt for making this dish.
A Quick-Glance at the Recipe:
If you are using fresh sweet corn, remove the kernels from the cob. Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Add corn kernels. Add pepper powder and some salt. Saute on a medium high fire for 2 minutes. Corn changes into bright yellow color. Add very little water and cook on a low fire, covering the pan for 3 minutes. By this time, corn becomes soft yet crunchy and becomes dry. Add lemon juice and remaining salt. Mix well.
Buttered American corn is ready to eat. Serve 3-4 tablespoons of them in a bowl. Enjoy eating spicy, buttery corn!
Ingredients for Making Buttered American Corn
- 3 cups sweet corn/American corn, kernels separated from the cob
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp or more pepper powder, if you want more spicy, increase the quantity
- 1/4 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Buttered Sweet Corn:
- Remove the sweet corn kernels from the cob. If you are using stored kernels, wash them in water.
- Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Add corn kernels. Throw in pepper powder and some salt. Stir-cook for 2 minutes on medium high fire. Add very little water and lower the fire. Cook, covering the pan for 3 minutes.
- By now, the corn becomes dry and soft, yet crunchy. Add lemon juice and remaining salt. Mix well. Turn off the fire.
- Buttered American corn is ready to eat. Serve 3-4 tablespoons of them in a bowl. Enjoy eating these crunchy and yummy sweetcorn!
Nutritional Information of Buttered Sweet Corn
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 7 g||35%|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3%|
|Sodium 75 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|