How to Make Crunchy Buttered Sweet Corn in 12 Minutes
Sweet corn, also called American corn, is a good source of antioxidants, fiber, and phytochemicals. More importantly, perhaps, sweet corn is a popular vegetable among kids and adults alike. It is crunchy, flavorful, and tasty—and it's a guaranteed hit when you serve it at the table.
Buttered sweet corn can be made in a jiffy. All you need is fresh or frozen corn kernels, butter, pepper powder, lemon juice, and salt.
- 3 cups sweet corn, kernels separated from the cob
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp or more pepper powder, if you want more spicy, increase the quantity
- 1/4 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Remove the sweet corn kernels from the cob. If you are using stored kernels, wash them in water.
- Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Add corn kernels. Throw in pepper powder and some salt. Stir-cook for 2 minutes over medium-high fire. Add a very small amount of water and lower the fire. Cook, covering the pan for 3 minutes.
- By now, the corn should be dry and soft, yet still crunchy. Add lemon juice and remaining salt. Mix well. Turn off the fire.
- Buttered sweet corn is ready to eat. Serve and enjoy!
Photo GuideClick thumbnail to view full-size
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 7 g||35%|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3%|
|Sodium 75 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|