I am always inspired to look for different ways to make food appetizing and appealing to the eye.
Nutritional Value of Asparagus
Asparagus is loaded with nutrients and has many health benefits. It is a very good source of fiber, folate, and vitamins A, C, and K. It also contains chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into the cells. In addition, it contains some B6, iron, copper, calcium, and protein.
Asparagus is a great vegetable to grow in your garden. As one of the few perennial vegetables, it will come up every year. It will also begin to spread each year.
You might say asparagus has a weed mentality—and the nutritional and medicinal value of a superfood.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 4 people
- 1 small bag asparagus, frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Put a small bag of frozen or fresh asparagus in a medium saucepan. Add the salt into the water, and also add a 1/2 teaspoon of butter or margarine. Bring to a boil and cook until the asparagus is tender.
- While the asparagus is cooking, make the citrus sauce to go over the hot asparagus. In a small saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine. Transfer the melted mixture into a small bowl.
- To the melted butter, add the lemon juice and stir.
- Add the lime juice and stir.
- Add the orange juice and stir.
- Add the sugar and once again stir.
- When the asparagus is tender, drain and then arrange on serving plate.
- Pour the citrus sauce over the asparagus. Serve and enjoy.
Linda Crampton from British Columbia, Canada on December 18, 2019:
This is another unusual recipe for me, but I think it sounds delicious. I like your idea of combining fruit juice and vegetables very much.
Liz Westwood from UK on December 18, 2019:
This is an interesting way of serving asparagus.
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on December 18, 2019:
Another simple but beneficial recipe. Thank you.