Lime Soup with Radish Greens and Black Rice
- 1 cup cooked black rice
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 32-ounce package low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups radish greens, chopped
- ½ medium white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 radishes, for garnish
- 1 jalapeño, for garnish
Rate My Recipe!
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic and chopped jalapeno in olive oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, cayenne and oregano and cover.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- I like a brothier-type of soup so I hit this with an immersion blender to really smooth it out, but feel free to leave it the consistency it is at this point.
- Add in radish greens and cover again, cooking for about 5-7 minutes until greens are wilted and soft. Stir in lime juice and take it off the heat.
- In each bowl, put ¼ cup of black rice (prepared according to the package) in the center, top with ¼ of the soup.
- For garnish, cut radishes and jalapenos into thin slices and float on the top.
More by this Author
Another name for my favorite lazy single girl mean is pretty much: Put anything you can find in your pantry in a pan and then on top of pasta. And, it doesn’t get much better than this. Red pepper? Could eat my...
red potatoes,small radishes,oregano,rosemary,dill,thyme,feta cheese,olive oilUsing a mandolin or sharp knife, slice radishes and potatoes in the thinnest slices possible.,Mix oregano, rosemary, thyme and dill...
We’ve all had the party panic moment – our perfect menu is planned (the one where you have to spend all day slaving over a hot stove!) but your oven doesn’t have one more inch of space to make...
No comments yet.