Making Black Chickpea Salad or Chana Chat
Black Chickpeas Salad or Kala Chana Salad
This Is the Perfect Any-Time Munchie
Making black chickpea salad or chana chat is simple and easy. To make it, you have to soak the chickpeas at least for 7-8 hours or overnight. If you look at the nutritional profile of this chat, you will be sure that this is a high-fiber, high-protein, low-carbohydrate, cholesterol-free snack. Hence, it is ideal for eating in between meals as a snack. Just have 3-4 tablespoons of them in a bowl. This salad is yummy and refreshing too.
An Overview of Making Black Chickpea Salad or Chat (Chana Chat):
Boil soaked black chickpeas along with water, a little turmeric, and salt. Strain them. Collect the chickpeas in a mixing bowl. Add grated carrot, chopped tomato, green chilies, chopped onion, lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves, chat masala powder, and salt. Give a good stir. Done! Black chickpeas salad is ready.
Let me share the detailed recipe now.
- 2 cups boiled black chickpeas, soaked in water for 7-8 hours and boiled
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chat masala
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Black Chickpea Salad or Kala Chana Salad (Chaat)
- Soak chickpeas in water for 8 hours or overnight. Add turmeric powder and salt to it. Boil together in a pressure cooker up to two whistles. Afterwards, simmer for 12 minutes. Turn off the stove.
- Remove the cooker lid when the entire pressure releases naturally. Strain the mix. Collect the chickpeas in a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes, grated carrots, green chilies, coriander leaves, chat masala, lemon juice, and salt. Mix them.
- Black chickpeas salad or Kala chana chat is ready! Serve 4 tablespoons of them in a bowl. Enjoy eating these delicious legumes.
Nutritional Information of Chana Chat or Black Chickpeas Salad
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 60 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|