Making Cabbage Onion Raita
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: Serves four people
Ingredients for Making Cabbage Onion Raita
- 1 bowl cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups yogurt or thick curd, not so sour
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 8 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp or more salt, as per taste
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped, optional, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Cabbage Onion Raita
- Heat ghee or oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in cumin seeds and curry leaves. Saute, till cumin crackles.
- Add chopped onions and chopped green chilies. Continue sauteing till onions become transparent.
- Add chopped cabbage. Increase the flame a bit, and stir-cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add some salt. Cook, while sprinkling a few drops of water, till cabbage becomes soft, and still retains crunchiness. Turn off the fire.
- Transfer the cooked veggies into a mixing bowl. Keep aside for cooling.
- Once cold, add yogurt or thick curd, pepper powder, and remaining salt. Mix well. You can even add a few finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Cabbage onion raita is ready! Serve it as a side dish for fried rice, pancakes, roti, or any other spicy main course dishes. Enjoy eating!
Click thumbnail to view full-size