Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Carrot, Apple, and Ginger Soup
A Steaming Hot and Spicy Soup for the Winter or Cold Evening
Restaurants serve thick soups that I don't like. I prefer to make moderately thin consistency soups at home. This carrot, apple, and ginger soup is a rare combination of vegetables, fruits, herbs, and spices. If you look into the ingredients, each of them provides health benefits.
This is the perfect cold weather soup. Now, let me share the recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Four cups of soup
- 4 carrots, chopped in small cubes
- 1/2 apple, chopped in small cubes
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- a piece nutmeg
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper corn
- salt to taste
- 2 bread slices, roasted, diced, for serving
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp yogurt, for garnishing
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Carrot, Apple, and Ginger Soup
- Chop all the vegetables, fruits, and herbs as per instructions. Keep all other ingredients handy.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in chopped garlic and onions. Saute till onion becomes translucent.
- Add chopped ginger, peppercorn, and nutmeg. Saute for a minute. Add diced carrots and apple. Add some salt.
- Continue sauteing for 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat. Add 3 cups of water. Let the mix boil. Cover the pan. Stir the mix at intervals. Cook it till carrots become tender. This may take about 15 minutes. Turn off the stove. Set aside for cooling.
- Grind the mix, adding water little by little to make a smooth puree. Strain it.
- Pour the puree into the same pan which you have used earlier. Let the mix come to a boil. Add salt. Mix well. Turn off the flame. Now, the soup is ready to serve.
- Pour the soup equally into 4 bowls. Garnish with some yogurt and a few roasted bread cubes. I roasted bread with some butter. It was crunchy and flavorful.
- Enjoy sipping your awesome carrot soup!