Making Fresh Corn Soup
Fresh Corn Soup
Fresh Corn Soup Topped With Sauteed Veggies
American corn (also known as "sweet corn") is my favorite. I like its unique flavor and crunchiness. Corn combines very well with other vegetables and spices.
Corn is loaded with antioxidants. It has phytochemicals that promote healthy vision. It is also a known source of iron, folic acid, vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber.
This fresh corn soup is mildly sweet and peppery. Garnishing with freshly sauteed veggies on the top of this crunchy soup is my own idea that worked very well. Ginger, garlic, and onions give this soup a pleasant aroma.
Let me now share the fresh corn soup recipe.
- 1 corn cob, separate the kernels
- 1/4 cup onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf, I didn't have, hence not used
- 1/2 tsp pepper corns
- 1 tsp olive oil, or any other oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup mixed veggies(for the topping), julienned capsicum and carots, one tomato chopped in four parts.
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger, roughly chopped
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Fresh Corn Soup
- Separate the kernels from the corn cob. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a deep bottomed pan. Add julienned carrots and capsicum. Saute for two minutes. Add quartered tomatoes.
- Throw in some salt. Saute till tomatoes wilt.
- Add a fistful of fresh corn. Saute for two more minutes. Collect them in a bowl. This is for the topping. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add olive oil or any other oil. Add chopped onions, ginger, and garlic cloves. Also, add a bay leaf. I didn't add, as I was not having. Saute till onions turn translucent.
- Throw in pepper corns and remaining fresh corn. Add some salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes on a high flame. Turn off the stove.
- Transfer the contents to a mixer or blender. Remove the bay leaf. Discard it.
- Grind the contents to get a smooth creamy paste. Pour it back to the same pan.
- Heat the pan. Add some water to get the right consistency. Bring the mix to a boil. Turn the stove off. Check for taste. Add salt, if needed.
- Your favorite fresh corn soup is ready! Pour it equally into four bowls. Top each of them with two tablespoons of sauteed veggies.
- Enjoy sipping this thick, creamy, and crunchy fresh corn soup!
Nutritional Information of Fresh Corn Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 182 mg||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|