How to Make Corn Soup
Corn Soup Topped With Sauteed Veggies
American corn (also known as sweet corn) is my favorite. I like its unique flavor and crunchiness. I also find that corn combines very well with other vegetables and spices.
Corn is loaded with antioxidants. It has phytochemicals that promote healthy vision. It is also a known source of iron, folic acid, vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber.
This corn soup is mildly sweet and peppery. The ginger, garlic, and onions impart a pleasant aroma, and I garnished the soup with freshly sauteed veggies.
Let me now share the recipe.
- 1 corn cob, kernels separated
- 1/4 cup onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp olive oil, or any other oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup mixed veggies (for the topping), e.g., julienned capsicum and carrots, tomato chopped into quarters
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger, roughly chopped
- Separate the kernels from the corn cob. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Add julienned carrots and capsicum. Saute for 2 minutes. Add quartered tomatoes.
- Throw in some salt. Saute until tomatoes wilt.
- Add a fistful of fresh corn. Saute for 2 more minutes. Collect them in a bowl. This is for the topping. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add olive oil or any other oil. Add chopped onions, ginger, and garlic cloves, and optional bay leaf. Saute until onions turn translucent.
- Throw in peppercorns and remaining fresh corn. Add some salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes on a high flame. Turn off the stove.
- Transfer the contents to a mixer or blender. Remove the bay leaf (if you have added it) and discard.
- Grind the contents to get a smooth creamy paste. Pour it back to the same pan.
- Heat the pan. Add some water to get the right consistency. Bring the mix to a boil. Turn the stove off. Check for taste. Add salt, if needed.
- Your favorite fresh corn soup is ready! Pour it equally into 4 bowls. Top each of them with 2 tablespoons of sauteed veggies.
- Enjoy sipping this thick, creamy, and crunchy fresh corn soup!
Photo TutorialClick thumbnail to view full-size
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 32 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|