Moong Sprouts (Mung Bean Sprouts) Masala Fritters or Vadas Recipe
Moong Sprouts(Mung Bean Sprouts) Masala Fritters/Vadas
Nutritious and Scrumptious Mung Bean Sprouts Masala Fritters
I often make mung sprouts at home. I use them in many ways. They are very nutritious. Their high protein and fiber content make them a healthy food. It is tasty due to its mild-sweetness. These sprouts are high in calories and low-fat.
Making mung bean sprouts vada/fritters is very easy. For this, you have to put mung sprouts, ginger, dry red chilies, garlic, and salt in a mixer or blender. Grind to get a coarse paste. Add finely chopped onions and chopped fresh coriander to it. Mix well.
Take lemon-sized batter and make a round patty out of it. Make 5-6 patties and drop them one by one into the hot oil. Deep-fry them till they are perfectly crispy. Remove them and place them on a tissue paper to get rid of the excess oil. These fritters are crunchy and delicious.
You don't need any kind of side dish to eat these vadas. They are spicy and appetizing.
Now, let me show you how to make mung bean sprouts fritters.
- 1 heaped cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 dry red chilies
- 1/4 inch ginger, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp fresh green coriander, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Moong Sprouts (Mung Bean Sprouts) Fritters or Vadas
- Make bean sprouts. I have given below the method to make mung bean sprouts.
- Take the sprouts in a mixer/blender. Add dry red chilies, garlic cloves, chopped ginger, and salt. Grind together to get a coarse mixture. Collect it in a bowl.
- Add finely chopped onions and finely chopped fresh green coriander. Thoroughly mix them.
- Take lemon-sized batter and make a patty. Drop it into the hot oil. Make 5-6 such patties and deep-fry in a batch.
- Fry them on medium-high heat till they become dark brown. Turn them occasionally. Frying a batch may take about 6 minutes.
- Remove them and place on an absorbent tissue paper. Repeat the same for making all the fritters.
- These fritters/vadas are crunchy outside and soft inside. They are very delicious.
- Enjoy eating them with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
How to Make Mung Bean Sprouts:
- Soak green gram (mung bean) in water for about 12-15 hours.
- Strain them. Put them in a container with a tight lid for about another 12-15 hours.
- Open the lid. You will get sprouted mung beans. Use immediately or store them in refrigerator for future use.
Nutritional Information of Moong Sprouts(Mung Bean Sprouts) Masala Fritters/Vadas
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 11 g||22%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 32 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|