Making Spinach and Fresh Pea Soup
Spinach and Fresh Peas Soup
An Easy Soup to Enjoy the Most
Spinach and fresh pea soup can be made in 25 minutes. This soup has a unqiue aroma due to the ingredients, such as milk, garlic, and pepper. For making this soup, you have to saute cumin seeds, onions, pepper corns, and garlic in butter or oil. Next, you have to add fresh peas and chopped spinach leaves. Stir-cook till peas become soft. This will take about 4-5 minutes on low fire. Turn off the stove.
Transfer the contents into a mixer or grinder. Grind, adding some milk to get a smooth liquid. Pour it into a deep-bottomed pan. Add remaining milk. Pour some water to adjust the consistency. Add some salt. Boil the mix for a minute. Off the flame. Hot and nutritious spinach and fresh peas soup is ready!
Pour this soup equally into four bowls. Enjoy sipping!
- 1 bowl spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh peas or frozen, If using frozen peas, immerse them in water for 5-10 minutes. Strain them.
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp pepper corn
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup milk, moderate thick
- 1/2 tsp butter or oil
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- water, to adjust the consistency
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Spinach and Fresh Pea Soup:
- Heat butter or oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in cumin seeds. Cook until they crackle. Add pepper corns and chopped onions. Saute till onions turn pinkish and transparent.
- Add fresh peas or frozen ones. Stir-cook for 2-3 minutes. Throw in chopped spinach leaves.
- Continue stir-cooking till spinach becomes soft. Sprinkle a few drops of water while cooking, if needed. Cooking spinach may take about 4 minutes. Turn off the stove. Set aside for cooling the contents a bit.
- Transfer the contents into a mixer. Grind, adding milk little by little, to get a smooth puree.
- Pour the puree into the deep-bottomed pan that you have used earlier. Add the remaining milk. Add some salt. Mix well.
- Boil the mix, while adding water to adjust the consistency. Boil for a minute. Turn off the flame. Spinach and fresh peas soup is ready to serve!
- Pour it equally into four bowls. Enjoy sipping this hot and refreshing soup!
Nutritional Information of Spinach and Fresh Peas Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 17 g||6%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 180 mg||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|