I love making tasty and nutritious dishes at home; it's a much healthier (and more cost-effective!) solution than going out to eat.
An Easy, Healthy Recipe For Your Family's Lifestyle
Basil and tomatoes go great together in a salad. This meal is quick and easy to make, and it can be made even tastier when it is marinated with olive oil.
- one bunch Basil, rinsed/leaves taken off of stem
- 1/2 bunch Parsley, rinsed/ leaves taken off of stems
- 6 large tomatoes, diced large
- pinch salt/pepper, tossed in
- 1/2 cup infused Extra virgin olive oil with herbs, poured in bowl
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, poured in bowl
- 4 small cloves of garlic, soaked in olive oil -flatten and chopped with a knife
Infused Olive Oil
Here are some easy how-to steps to infuse your own Extra Virgin Olive oil and save a ton of money. Store-bought infused olive oil can cost upwards of $18.00.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
One tomato/basil/dressing serves one person
Making the Salad
- Take the leaves off the stems of the parsley and the basil.
- Cut the tomatoes into large dice peices.
- Take the 4 garlic cloves and flatten under a knife then chop. Suzzycue likes garlic, so she left them whole and tossed in bowl.
- Pour in a half of cup of infused extra virgin olive oil and the quarter cup of cidar vinegar. Mix well, cover and let stand for 20 minutes before you serve it.
- Add salt and grind black pepper corns over top, when you serve this salad.