Making Masala Dosa Stuffing With Carrots
Masala Dosa Stuffing With Carrots
A Versatile Dosa Filling That Can Be a Side Dish
Sometimes we get bored of eating the same old dishes. Changing up this recipe is always welcome because it livens up an old, classic dish.
Regular masala dosa filling is made with potatoes and onions. This is a special filling that includes carrots as well as potatoes and onions. It is a healthier stuffing. You can also use this as a side dish for plain rice, chapati, roti, or any other flat bread.
Advantages of Adding Carrots: Carrots are high in antioxidants. It helps to protect our eyes, heart, teeth etc. It is believed to protect you against cancer. This mildly sweet veggie has fiber, vitamins, iron, and minerals that are needed for our body.
Making this potato carrot filling is very easy. Just follow a few cooking instructions to make this yummy stuffing/side dish.
Over to the detailed recipe.
- 3 potatoes(medium size), cooked, peeled, mashed
- 1 cup carrots, peeled, cut lengthwise, cooked
- 1 cup onions, julienned or sliced
- 4 green chilies, slit and cut in half
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar, optional, to balance the taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp grated coconut, optional, I used, gives nice flavor
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Masala Dosa Stuffing With Carrots:
- Wash potatoes. Pressure cook them up to 3 whistles and simmer for 7-8 minutes. In another container keep chopped carrots inside the cooker. Both of these veggies cook together at once.
- Alternatively, you can cook them in a closed pot till they are soft.
- Take the potatoes out. Peel them once they are less hot. Mash them with your fingers. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in mustard seeds. Let them crackle. Add curry leaves, onion slices, and slit green chilies.
- Saute till onions become transparent. Add cooked carrots, mashed potatoes, salt, sugar, turmeric powder, grated coconut, and lemon juice.
- Gently mix them. Simmer for 2 minutes or till all the ingredients blend together. Turn off the heat.
- Your favorite masala dosa stuffing with carrots is ready. Fill them in masala dosas or use as a side dish for plain rice, chapati, roti etc. Enjoy the taste!
Nutritional Information of Masala Dosa Stuffing With Carrots
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 7 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|