Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Vibrant Red Soup With Potato Sticks
I attribute my liking to this soup mainly for its vibrant color, smooth texture, and deliciousness. It is a nutrient-dense chowder soup. I used tomatoes, potatoes, onions, chili powder, and dried Italian spices in this.
Adding Italian spices makes it fantastic. While sipping, you will enjoy the nice aroma of dried herbs and spices. Here, boiled potato sticks are immersed in a mildly-spiced tomato puree. This soup is a winter winner.
This chowder soup is filling. You can serve it as an in-between meal food or an evening food.
Here we go to the detailed recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 2-3 medium-sized tomatoes, roughly chopped, pureed
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2 inch wide, 2 inch long pieces, immersed in water
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp Italian spices or pasta spices, available in stores
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp butter or olive oil, I used butter
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1 tsp fresh coriander, finely chopped, for garnishing
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Mexican Potato Soup
- Put chopped tomatoes into a mixer or blender. Make a smooth puree. Strain it. Keep aside.
- Heat oil or butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in chopped onions. Saute until they become golden.
- Add potato sticks. Throw in some salt. Continue sauteing for about three minutes.
- Add tomato puree. Also, add 3-4 cups of water. Let the mixture boil until the potato sticks get cooked. Don't overcook them.
- Add sugar, chili powder, dried Italian spices(I used pasta spices), and remaining salt. Mix well. Simmer for a minute.
- Adjust the consistency by adding water. This soup need not be thick. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Your favorite Mexican potato soup with a twist is ready to sip!
- Pour it equally into four bowls. Have the pleasure of drinking this warm and hearty soup!