Jan has been cooking and writing about food for over 20 years. She has cooked on multiple television stations, including the Food Network.
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced fine
- 2 stalks celery, diced fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup macaroni
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium stockpot. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Saute vegetables, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until tender and fragrant.
- Stir in oregano, basil, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in drained kidney beans, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- Add green beans and pasta. Simmer for just at ten minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in spinach and Parmesan cheese.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls and garnish with fresh basil.
Onions and Garlic for the Foundation
Saute the Vegetables in Olive Oil
Celery and Carrots Next
Seasonings are Clean and Simple
Red Kidney Beans
Scroll to Continue
Read More From Delishably
Tomatoes for the Broth
More Veggies - Green Beans
Pick Your Pasta
Simmer for Ten Minutes
Almost Ready - Time for the Finishing Touches
A little Parmesan Cheese
Garnish with Fresh Basil and Serve
Check out the Quick Tutorial - How to Make Homemade Minestrone from Scratch
How to Make Your Own Chicken Broth
© 2018 Jan Charles