Mixed Vegetable Raita or Yogurt Curry
Mixed Vegetables Raita or Yogurt Curry
Make this Yogurt Curry or Raita in Ten minutes!
Finely chop some vegetables like cucumber, onions, tomato, green chilies, and carrot. Put them in a bowl. Throw in the chopped coriander leaves and salt. Add yogurt or thick curd. Gently mix them. Yes... adding tempering enhances the taste, especially for this side dish.
Make a tempering:
Heat some ghee or oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, broken red chili, hing/asafoetida, and curry leaves. Saute till mustard crackles. Turn off the stove. Pour it on the raita. Mix it with this side dish at the time of serving. This way, cumin and mustard retains crunchiness.
Now, let me show you the recipe.
Ingredients for Making Mixed Vegetable Raita:
- 1 cup cucumber, skin peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 2 green chilies, not so hot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 bowl yogurt or thick curd, moderate sour
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, for the tempering
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, for the tempering
- 6 curry leaves, for the tempering
- 2 pinches hing/asafoetida, for the tempering
- 1 tsp ghee or oil, for the tempering
- 1 broken dry red chili, optional, for the tempering
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Mixed Vegetable Raita or Yogurt Curry
- Put finely chopped cucumber, onions, tomato, grated carrot, chopped green chilies in a mixing bowl.
- Add yogurt or thick curd, finely chopped coriander leaves, and salt. Gently mix them.
- Now, you have to temper this side dish. For that, take ghee or oil in a small pan. Throw in mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, broken red chili, and hing powder. Saute on low fire till mustard splutters. Pour this tempering on the raita. Mix it with the raita at the time of serving, so that the tempering retains crunchiness.
- Mixed vegetables raita or yogurt curry is ready! Serve it with boiled rice or as a side dish to flatbread, roti, ghee rice, fried rice etc. Enjoy the soothing taste of this yummy dish.
Nutritional Information of Mixed Vegetable Raita
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 10 g||3%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 34 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|