Pearl Millet and Fenugreek Leaf Pancakes or Bajra Methi Paratha Recipe
Quick and Easy Pearl Millet Pancakes are Healthy and Delicious!
I like to make millet pancakes often, as they are natural and healthy. I used pearl millet, some wheat flour, garlic cloves, paneer, tomatoes, green chilies, and curd in this recipe. This is a stuffed pancake that is tasty by itself. Any yogurt or thick curd raita on the side makes these rotis more delightful. You can also pack them for a picnic, as a school snack, or for a wonderful office lunch.
Ingredients for Making Pearl Millet Fenugreek Leaves Pancakes
- 1 cup pearl millet flour or bajra flour, for the dough
- 1/2 cup wheat flour, for the dough
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves, for the dough
- 3 garlic cloves, for the dough
- 1 1/2 tsp oil, for the dough
- 1/4 tsp or less salt, for the dough
- 1/2 cup paneer, grated, for the stuffing
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped, for the stuffing
- 1 tbsp yogurt or thick curd, for the dough
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped, for the stuffing
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped, for the stuffing
- 1/4 tsp or less salt, for the stuffing
- 2 pinches turmeric powder, for the stuffing
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Pearl Millet and Fenugreek Leaf Pancakes or Bajra Methi Roti
How to Make the Dough:
- Wash fenugreek (methi) leaves in water. Strain, and put them in a mixer grinder. Add garlic cloves and a little salt. Just crush them.
- Take a mixing bowl. Add pearl millet flour, wheat flour, ground fenugreek leaves mix, oil, salt, and yogurt or curd.
- Mix them adding very little water to get a smooth and firm dough. Keep it covered with an inverted vessel or damp cloth.
How to Make the Stuffing:
- Take another small mixing bowl. Add grated paneer, finely chopped tomatoes, finely chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chilies, turmeric powder, and salt. Gently mix them. This is the stuffing for the pancakes.
How to Make the Pancakes:
- Divide the dough into five or six equal portions. Shape them like a ball.
- Divide the stuffing also into six equal portions.
- Take a dough ball. Dust it with wheat flour. Press it to make a patty. Roll it into a 6-inch diameter disc.
- Take a portion of the stuffing. Spread it uniformly on half of the disc. Refer the pic. Fold the plain part on the stuffing. Cut it in the middle to make a quarter piece.
- Heat a pan. Place the pancake pieces on it. Pour few drops of oil or ghee on top. Let the bottom side become roasted a bit. Flip them. Add a few drops of oil on the other side too. Moderately roast both the sides till they turn golden on both sides.
- Remove and place them on a serving plate. Repeat the same for all the dough balls and the stuffing.
- Serve hot pancakes with a onion-yogurt raita on the side. You can also serve them with pickles.
- They are aromatic and very delicious. Happy eating!