Healthy Snacks: Potato and Cheese Croquettes
How I Felt with my First Batch of Potato and Cheese Croquettes
When I made croquettes for the first time, I was surprised to see the perfect blend of potato, cheese and pepper in this delicious snack. It was looking tantalizing. I just opened one; wow! the cheese inside was flowing. It just melted in my mouth. The entire croquettes disappeared in no time!
- 4 potato, boiled, mashed
- 1 small cup cheese, grated
- 3/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 small cup maida / plain flour
- 1 small cup bread crumbs
- 1 pinch nutmeg, grated (optional)
- 1 tsp custard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, as per taste
- oil, for deep frying
Step-by-Step Images of Cooking Croquettes
- Take potatoes, cheese, plain flour, custard powder, nutmeg powder, pepper powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Combine them to form smooth dough. No need to add water. Make 12 equal size balls out of it.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Roll the balls on bread crumbs. When the oil is moderately hot, drop them one by one, into the oil. At a time you can fry 5-6 such balls. Don't overcrowd them. Fry them for 3-4 minutes. For uniform cooking on all sides, turn them once in a while. When they turn biscuit color, remove them on an absorbent paper towel. Repeat the procedure for the entire dough.
- Enjoy eating potato and cheese croquettes when they are hot and juicy. You can try eating them with tomato sauce. They taste yummy even just like that.
Potato and Cheese Croquettes
|Serving size: 3|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat 7 g||35%|
|Carbohydrates 22 g||7%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|Cholesterol 75 mg||25%|
|Sodium 350 mg||15%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|