Potato, Pea, and Carrot Curry
My girls love anything vegetarian. Since we all know how healthy vegetables are for us, I wont go into it. I remember my mum making us vegetarian lunch everyday for school and then at night we would eat meat for dinner and it looks like my girls have gotten into that style. Although we live in Australia and my kids have been born here, they still love indian food. Sometimes I think they are not my kids because I love western food a lot...
Potato, Peas, and Carrot curry
- 1 cup Peas
- 1 Carrot, Diced
- 2 Potatoes, Boiled and diced
- 1 Onion, Sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric
- To taste Chilly
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- To taste Salt
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seed, cumin seeds and fry until it pops.
- Add onions and saute until golden brown in color.
- Add garlic and fry for 1 minute
- Add coriander powder and Tumeric powder and fry for further 2 minutes.
- Now add carrots and cook for 2mins then add peas and cook for 1 minute. Add salt and chilly to taste.
- Add potatoes and mix well cook for 5 minutes or until it is cooked. Serve hot with roti or rice