My girls love vegetarian food, so I'm always coming up with healthy, tasty veggie dishes to keep their diets interesting and varied.
My girls love anything vegetarian. Since we all know how healthy vegetables are for us, I won't go into it. I remember my mum making us vegetarian lunches every day for school then making us meat for dinner at night. It seems like my girls have gotten into that style of eating as well. Although we live in Australia and my kids were born here, they absolutely love indian food. Sometimes I think they are not really my kids because I love western food a lot . . .
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cCarrot, diced
- 2 potatoes, boiled and diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
- chilli, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and fry until they pop.
- Add the onions and sauté until they turn golden-brown in color.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the coriander and turmeric and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook for 1 minute. Add salt and chilli to taste.
- Add the potatoes, mix well, and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the potatoes are ready.
- Serve hot with roti or rice. enjoy!
© 2016 Asweeni's Kitchen