Melissa is a certified food scientist with over 20 years in the food industry. New food development and matching are her specialties.
I am a member of a hot sauce of the month club. I am addicted to heat, but also the flavor that comes with the heat. We always try our sauces out on hot wings. When I find one that is particularly tasty, I try it on other foods.
I generally make sweet and spicy Brussels sprouts using Sriracha and sweet chili sauce. I elevated that to the next level with this month's hot sauce box. This recipe uses a mix of sweet and fire inspired by the show Hot Ones. Feel free to substitute your own favorite hot sauce.
Get ready for the burn.
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, rinsed and halved
- 3 ounces hot sauce, PuckerButt Chipotle eXpress
- 1 1/2 ounces honey (I used Nugget Honey, but any honey will do)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Melt the butter in the microwave. Mix the butter, hot sauce, and honey in a large bowl. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir to coat well.
- Spread the coated Brussels sprouts onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt. Cook for 15 minutes at 375°F, then raise the temperature to 450°F. Cook until the leaves of the sprouts start to blacken.
- Serve and get ready for the burn.
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on December 02, 2020:
I enjoy a good roasted helping of Brussel sprouts, and your recipe certainly sounds spicy!