I love to cook and bake, and I enjoy the process of creating and modifying recipes.
Raspberry and Tomato Salad
Who doesn't love a nice simple salad for a meal? Salads are a great way to eat light but feel full.
One day I wanted to make a salad for lunch, but I also was feeling very creative. I went through the fruits and vegetables in my fridge and found a few items that I thought might work well together in a salad. I didn't want to make it too complicated because I just wanted to make something quick to eat . . . and that would be healthy, too.
My family has gotten me hooked on raspberries, and I wanted to find a way to include them in this salad. This raspberry and tomato salad is the result of that creative impulse, and I decided to share this recipe with all of you. Hope you enjoy it!
- 3 leaves of lettuce, either iceberg or romaine, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 raspberries
- 1/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
Serving size: 1 serving
- In a bowl, add the lettuce. Slice it into bite-sized slivers that are small enough to toss.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters, and add them to the salad.
- Add the washed raspberries.
- Add the carrots. Break them up, if necessary, before adding to the salad.
- Add the shredded mozzarella cheese. I use Sargento Chef-Style Shredded Mozzarella Cheese because it's already shredded nicely for me.
- As for salad dressing, you may choose to use whatever your heart desires. My favorite to use with this salad is ranch dressing.
You may adjust the measurements for the ingredients depending on how large your appetite is and/or how many people you are serving.
Overall, I hope you enjoy this salad I have created. Mangia, mangia. Buon appetito!
© 2012 Alyssa Scheidemann