Restaurant-Style Creamy Tomato Soup
Restaurant-Style Tomato Soup Made at Home
Creamy, Tangy, and Spicy Restaurant-Style Tomato Soup
Tomato soup is one of my family's favorite dinners. I make a thick, creamy, and flavorful tomato soup at home. Truly, sometimes homemade soups taste better than the restaurant ones.
Tomato soup is a common dish that is made in many homes. The truth is that the majority of people make it either very runny or too sweet. With a little research, patience, and care, you can make a very delicious, creamy, and balanced restaurant-style soup at home.
The tomato soup I made this morning was lip-smacking. I made it for two people, using three ripe, red tomatoes. It was perfect!
Let me share the recipe with you.
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp butter or olive oil, I used butter
- 1 tsp milk cream, optional, gives rich taste
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp kashmiri red chili powder, not hot, gives bright red color
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves, for garnishing
- 1 slice plain bread, roasted, cut in cubes, for serving
- 1/4 tsp sugar, to balance the tanginess of tomatoes
- 1 tsp cornflour, mix it with 2 tbsp water
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Restaurant-Style Tomato Soup
- Mix cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water. Keep aside.
- Bring about 4 cups of water to a boil. Throw in whole tomatoes. Cover the pot with a lid. Let tomatoes boil for 30 seconds. Turn off the stove. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- After that, open the lid. Take the tomatoes out. By now, the skin of the tomatoes would have shrunk. Cool them; peel the skin. Remove the eye part. Chop the flesh. Grind it to get a very smooth puree.
- Heat a teaspoon butter or olive oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add bay leaf and cloves. Saute for 10 seconds. Throw in chopped garlic. Saute for 30 seconds. No need to brown them.
- Add chopped onions. Continue sauteing till they turn translucent. Now, pour the tomato puree. Add a cup of water and some salt. Boil the mix for 4-5 minutes.
- Throw in pepper powder, red chili powder, and sugar. Let the mix further boil for a minute.
- Add a teaspoon milk cream(optional) and a teaspoon butter. Mix well. Stir-cook for a while.
- Stir the cornflour mixture. Add it to the pan. Give a quick stir. Let it boil for a minute. Simmer for 30 seconds. Turn off the stove.
- Tomato soup is ready. Check for salt. Adjust according to your taste.
- Pour the hot soup into 2 bowls. Garnish with roasted bread cubes and finely chopped coriander leaves. Enjoy this heavenly soup!
Nutritional Information of Restaurant-Style Tomato Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 5 mg||2%|
|Sodium 202 mg||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|