Orange-Seared Yellowfin Tuna With Sesame Glaze & Greens
Rate here and leave your comment below:
Sweet, Savory, and Sesame
This Asian-inspired, protein-rich salad will satisfy your taste buds and your belly. Sauteed oranges, tangerines, and golden beets cover the tuna in a sweet, rich sesame glaze. The hardest part of this recipe is finding the tuna steaks! Please make sure you choose wild-caught seafood from fishing companies that use sustainable fishing methods. Serve the tuna over a bed of organic Asian greens topped with sunflower seeds and your favorite sesame salad dressing.
Requires 1-2 hours to marinate.
Enjoy and leave your comment below!
- 2 6-ounce Tuna Steaks, Wild Caught
- 2-4 cups Organic Asian Greens Mix
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Oranges, and zest of 1
- 1 Tangerine
- 3-5 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Butter, melted
- Green Onion
- Sesame or Sunflower Seeds
- Asian-Salad Dressing
- Salt & Pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp Oil of choice, avocado oil, olive oil, etc
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Sweet Orange Pepper
- 1 Large Golden Beet
- MARINATE: Mix melted butter, juice of lemon, and juice of 1 orange in a wide dish or bowl. Reserve the zest from the orange for later. Mix marinade well. You may need to heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds! Add 1/2 of the chopped garlic and salt and pepper. Place fish in the bowl and let sit for 1-2 hours - but no longer. If the fish is not fully covered by the liquid, flip halfway through.
- PREPARE SALAD AND GOLDEN BEETS: While the fish is marinating, prepare your salad. Red and green cabbage, lettuce, carrots, radishes and cilantro work great! Make your own Asian-inspired vinaigrette or salad dressing - homemade is always better! Peel the golden beet and chop into medium sized chunks. Roast in avocado or olive oil with salt and pepper for 25-30 minutes or until fork tender. Flip once, halfway through.
- COOK ORANGE MIXTURE: When your fish is almost ready, take it out of the fridge and remove it from the marinade, making sure no garlic bits are stuck on it. Reserve the marinade Let the fish warm up for about 10-15 mins, while you prepare the oranges. Peel the remaining orange and the tangerine. Slice the sweet pepper. Place 1 tbsp oil in a deep dish cast-iron pan and heat over medium heat. Sear the oranges, tangerine, golden beets, and sweet pepper for 5 mins. Add one half of the marinade to the frying pan and discard the rest. Add orange zest and remaining garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes more, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn down the heat a bit and push all the ingredients to one side of the pan.
- COOK FISH: Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan before adding the fish. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, leaving center of fish under-cooked. Remove pan from heat. Remove fish from pan and let rest 2 minutes. Add sesame oil to orange mixture but leave off the heat.
- FINALIZE AND PLATE: Place a handful of greens on the center of each plate. Drizzle with salad dressing. Lay a piece of fish over the greens. Top the fish with the orange, beet, mixture. Sprinkle green onions and sesame or sunflower seeds over entire plate. Enjoy!