I love to cook and bake, and I enjoy the process of creating and modifying recipes.
Simple salads are a great option if you want to eat healthy. I love salads because they feel light yet make me feel full.
I've been trying to eat healthier and have been working toward my goal of getting fit and achieving my healthiest body. To reach this goal I've been researching the best and most nutritious foods to incorporate into my daily meals. My plan is to add as much fish and organic products as I can.
When I make salads, I like trying different combinations of fruits and vegetables. At the same time, I don't want to make it too complicated. This shrimp and spinach salad with homemade dressing fits the bill. I hope you enjoy it, too!
Read More From Delishably
- 1/2 cup whole baby spinach leaves, washed
- 6 slices cucumber
- 8 raspberries
- Sprinkle (1/2 tsp) dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 pound shrimp, cooked and cut into thirds
- 1/2 tomato (tomato on the vine), cut into 4 wedges
- about 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
- In a bowl, add the 1/2 cup of baby spinach leaves. Wash and leave them whole.
- Cut 6 slices from a cucumber and add them to the salad.
- Add about 8 washed raspberries.
- Add a sprinkle of dried thyme leaves (about 1/2 tsp).
- Cut the 1/2 of the vine tomato into 4 wedges and add them to the salad.
- Take 1/4 pound of shrimp (either precooked from the store or you yourself cook, it's up to you how you feel) and cut each shrimp into thirds. Add to the salad.
- Make the dressing: In a separate bowl, pour 1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lemon juice from 1/2 of a lemon. Mix it together.
- Add lime juice from 1/2 of a lime. Mix well.
- After the sauce/dressing is done, add it to the salad and enjoy!
You may adjust the amount of ingredients depending on serving size and how many people.
Overall, I hope you enjoy this salad I have created. Mangia, mangia. buon appetito!
© 2013 Alyssa Scheidemann