Single-Cup Sweet Corn Tomato Soup in Ten Minutes
A Great Single-Serving Snack, Lunch, or Dinner!
Yes. This is a quick and easy soup. This dish features the crunchiness of sweet corn. This sweet and sour soup is truly appetizing.
Sweet corn is an excellent source of fiber, vitamin C, and protein. It has vitamin B 6, magnesium, and iron too. The antioxidants in it are good for you. Eating corn may help promote healthy vision due to the phytochemicals in it.
Tomato contains vitamin C, dietary fiber, copper, and other vitamins and minerals.
Corn and tomato combine very well in this soup. This starter dish is light and delicious.
Now, let me show you how to make this quick sweet corn and tomato soup.
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 big tomato, chopped, pureed
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/6 tsp or less pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp butter or olive oil, I used butter
- 3 pinches salt, or as per taste
- 2 pinches sugar, optional, I used to balance the taste
- 1/4 tsp or less coriander leaves, finely chopped, for garnishing
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Single-Cup Sweet Corn Tomato Soup
- Wash tomato. Roughly chop it. Make a thin puree. Set aside.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them sizzle.
- Throw in sweet corn kernels. Add some salt. Saute them for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, pepper powder, sugar, and remaining salt. Bring the mix to a nice boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the stove.
- Your favorite sweet corn tomato soup is ready. Pour it to a deep cup. Garnish with a few chopped coriander leaves.
- Enjoy eating and sipping this crunchy soup!
Nutritional Information of Single Cup Sweet-Corn Tomato Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 51 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|